Wolters Kluwer - Associate Network Engineer (Freelance/ZZP)
This position is part of GBS, IT Infrastructure Division that provides holistic support for numerous IT domains including, Project Management Organization, Data Center Hosting (including Cloud Computing), Network, Telecom, Unified Communications, End User Computing and Information Security. These services are provided in all regions globally including NA, EU and AP.
Wolters Kluwer has a Global Network Transformation project in progress and is moving into the implementation stages. This role is responsible for managing and maintaining the global network which is a managed service and includes on call requirements. Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time may be required.
This role will be part of the network operation group and will have responsibility for providing network support for the global network and overall service delivery.
The Network Operations Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Ensure delivery of stable and reliable network services.
- Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware and circuit troubleshooting and repair.
- Incident ticket generation and response; carrier interface and escalations.
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Management of the application of configuration changes and service requests using WK systems and ITIL processes.
- Coordination of network hardware and software.
- Participation in a 24x7 support rotation.
The Network Operations Engineer will facilitate and support data communications services, equipment, and networks. Experience with the following network technology domain areas including but not limited to:
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Internet Connectivity
- Routing Protocols
- Network Security
- Wireless Access (WAPS)
- IP Addressing (Schemas, VLANS, DNS, DHCP)
- Load Balancers
- MPLS Network – Routing and Circuits
- Cloud network support
- Voice over IP (VoIP)
- Quality of Service (QOS)
- Work within established configuration and change management framework to ensure awareness, approval, and implementation of network changes.
Technical Duties including but not limited to:
- Support technical transformation plans as needed to foster adoption of new network technologies.
- Provide network technical, service management and functional requirements specifications.
- Manage documentation related to network infrastructure•
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, concepts and application in production.
- Knowledge of network management tools such as Solarwinds.
- Strong working knowledge of LAN / WAN protocols and technologies (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPLS, IPSec, VPN/DMVPN/GETVPN, QOS, etc.) and application in production environments.
- Strong working knowledge of wireless technologies and performance optimizations
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, meeting deadlines and schedules, setting priorities, working as part of a team, work independently and adapting to changing work priorities.
- Ability to draw valid conclusions, apply sound judgment in making decisions, and to make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, staff, vendors, and other members of the business community.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptability by ability to adapt to changes, delays, unexpected situations, and effectively manage competing demands.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects with limited direction, while understanding and contributing to the success of the assigned region(s).
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have strong operational experience
- Must have strong communications (oral and written) and relationship skills across all levels.
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills are also required.
- Ability to effectively represent Network services and solutions to Business and IT staff
- Working knowledge of project management
- Full working knowledge of the principles and concepts of network services
- Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP, QoS, VoIP and network routing and switching protocols
- Knowledge and experience with network service provisioning
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries