KPN - Freelance Medior/Senior Operations Engineer (ZZP)
Specific assignment / job description
We are looking for an experienced operations engineer with experience in first line support and overall ticket coordination. A good understanding of Telecom networks and services is a strong advantage for this role.
The department in which he/she will be working is responsible for the Development and Operations of the IT of the KPN networks. As part of the ‘Inventory & Capacity Management’ squads he/she is responsible for the business critical application ZSmart. This application manages the capacity extensions in the network and registration of these network elements and services on behalf of the Service and Assurance organization. To support the business we strive to provide high availability and quality of our systems and data.
In this domain the rationalization of legacy inventory applications is one of the key challenges in the coming 2 years. In addition also the support of a number of strategic KPN projects - like the accelerated fiber rollout – requires regular changes in the ZSmart application.
The operations engineer will be part of a multidisciplinary team (designers, developers, testers, operations) guided by a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. The operations engineer will have regular contact with business users within and outside KPN, as a first line of support. In this role it is important to be proactive: coordinate incoming incidents with the 3rd line teams in time, request them for regular updates and escalate where needed. Next to this role, the operations engineer is part of an Agile team. This to ensure good communications between both development and operations. This is the ideal way of ensuring you as a first line support receive solutions to issues instead of work arounds or recurring incidents.
The teams are international teams with team members based in The Netherlands, India and China.
- Active participation in all scrum events (Daily, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Refinement).
- Ensure stable operations; daily check of production status reports and problem solving.
- End to end incident coordination; ensuring incidents are picked up and solved quickly.
- Management of interfaces with the ZSmart application.
- Root cause analysis for major (P1 / P2) incidents.
- Database (Oracle/MySQL/MSSQL/Postgresql) knowledge
- Support in analysis and reproduction of Production incidents.
- Data migration support.
What specific knowledge and experience (hard & soft skills) are required to carry out the assignment/work?
- Experience in first line operations for applications.
- Experience in operations coordination.
- Experience with JIRA, MS Teams.
- Strong personality.
- Team worker.
- Presentation skills.
- Fluent English.