Wolters Kluwer - Senior User Researcher (Freelance/ZZP)
About the role
Wolters Kluwer is looking for a senior user researcher to join our global user-experience (UX) team in the Legal & Regulatory (LR) division. As of this year, one of the key priorities of product strategy overall within Wolters Kluwer’s LR division will be on the creation of the VisionApp. In scope to be built in or converge to the VisionApp are several of our European research platforms. As part of the divisional UX team you will be a key contributor to the creation of one shared pattern-based and configurable UX setup, backend and architecture for the LR solutions in scope.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic researcher with a strong passion to deeply understand customer pain points. Together with a multidisciplinary team of front-end engineers, user-experience designers, user researchers and other professionals you will continuously help to improve the endto- end experience. Your research and coaching will be key in creating useful, usable, and delightful new and existing solutions and patterns.
We are characterized by an entrepreneurial and informal but professional working atmosphere. You will be working in a dynamic and international organization where your personal development is encouraged and supported.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Create understanding and empathy around user needs, stated and unstated, for the entire product team including UX designers, product managers, and engineers
- Guide the product team in strategic decision making from identifying the key user needs to the end of the envisioning process, followed by continuous usability testing of existing and new patterns
- Explore the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like contextual inquiry, surveys and usability testing
- Be an ambassador of design thinking and a user-centered process
- Help to improve the UX process to raise the UX maturity
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas and be absolutely relentless in your pursuit of excellence
- You have five or more years of experience working in the field of user research – ideally within an agile environment
- A Bachelor's degree (BA or BSc) from a four-year college or university (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Psychology, Communications & Multimedia Design/Media Technology
- Human Factors or related would be a big plus
- You have a solid grasp of generative research methods for collecting data and insights that reveal user’s behaviors, needs, and opinions
- You have a solid grasp of evaluative research methods as part of the iterative design process for assessing specific problems to ensure usability and ground it needs and desires of real people
- You know exactly which tools to use for moderated and unmoderated testing and know how to capture the data, quantify the data and create valuable (business) insights out of the data
- You understand and are able to incorporate complex technical and business requirements in the research process
- You advocate research findings to diverse audiences through engaging reports and presentations
- You have experience working closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and other professionals to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- You are familiar with principles of Lean Product and Lean UX and have a solid grasp of user centered design (UCD)
- You are open to feedback and have no issues receiving (constructive) criticism
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential