Freelance Cloud Engineer (ZZP)
In order to apply for this projects, please register via: https://pvh-freelancers.talent-pool.com/projects/freelance-cloud-engineer/22267
We cannot send applications through via <itprojects>.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That's the Power of PVH.
We are looking for disciplined responsible engineers that take personal pride in scalability, availability, and automation. We are looking for a Cloud Engineer to join one of our teams as we maintain and deliver E-Commerce functionality following DevOps principles. You will be a part of our agile process (Scrum) and join a development team sharing responsibility for our operational success.
- Function as a technical generalist responsible for the overall health and performance of our technology including both platforms and tooling
- Build and maintain technical infrastructure using configuration management and automation.
- Responsible for continuity of both infrastructure and application landscape (security, disaster recovery, availability)
- Responsible for software deployments and the availability and maintainability of our technical ecosystem.
- Monitor the inner working and performance of our technical systems
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design
- Work with development teams to harden, enhance, document, and generally improve the operability of our systems
- Maintain, migrate and refactor legacy applications to cloud infrastructure
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule
- Have a university degree/equivalent experience in Software Engineering or similar field
- Have a DevOps mentality and have experience with code reviews
- Can propose and implement technical solutions
- Have experience working in agile environment
- Good English communication skills (Business language at PVH)
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience administering Linux/UNIX installations
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- 3+ years of experience using configuration management tools (Terraform, Ansible)
- 3+ years of experience with Kafka
- Experience with integration from/to REST API, S3 file storage, sftp, Kafka, various file formats
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, EC2, RDS, VPC, ELB, EBS. You are certified or willing to become an AWS certified engineer.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Dynatrace , Grafana, ELK stack
- Experience developing systems/scripts using Python
- Deep understanding on web technology concepts including TCP/IP, load balancing, DNS, and reverse-proxy
- Experience using container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Self-starter able to adopt new technologies and advise on best practices
- High levels of confidence and experience in using the typical Linux toolbox of open-source software and management tools
- Familiar with automated software deployment and configuration provisioning
- Experience with continuous build, continuous deployment, automated deployment processes and tooling
- Adopted DevOps way of working and is familiar with corresponding tooling
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams
- Great team player and a good sense of humor is a must
Nice to have:
- Jenkins Experience
- Serverless functions
- Docker and Docker-compose experience
- Experience with implementations related to security, authentication, etc is a plus
- Agile software preferably JIRA
- Java Experience
- NodeJS Experience
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters the development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality,and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.