Data Stewards (Freelance/ZZP)
Imagine that you work in a highly dynamic and complex environment characterized by continuous change where you contribute to Rabobanks goals and develop yourself professionally and personally.
Finance & Risk Data (FRD) is an integral part of the CFO domain and is a key player that connects various stakeholders within Finance, Risk and IT in both the Netherlands and abroad.
The mission of FRD is to enable Rabobank to fulfil its goals by providing trusted finance & risk data. We are therefore closely involved in the daily operations to ensure that the banks processes operate as intended and are both leading and participating in various major change programmes. These change programmes are all focussed on improving the banks IT landscape and related processes and are driven from business, efficiency and regulatory perspective.
Making a difference
FRD is continuously recruiting for Data Stewards on different seniority levels (junior, medior, senior) for which you can be a strong candidate.
Data Stewards within F&R Data acts as the conduit between stakeholders within Finance & Risk, IT and business and support domains. Data Stewards do also accept accountability for data definition and data management processes, and determine Data quality levels for specific data subject areas.
Data stewardship involves managing the enterprises data assets in order to improve their reusability, accessibility, and quality. The role involves taking responsibility for data elements for their end-to-end usage across the enterprise. Data Steward does not involve just a single role but includes a network of people with accountabilities for ensuring that all aspects of an effective Data environment are being accomplished. It is an ongoing activity that requires competencies of all individuals within the Rabobank organization.
All Data Stewards within FRD will focus together on the following areas:;issue management & monitoring, projects, lineage, systems/chains/domains, data definition & exchange, data models, critical data elements & data quality requirements, policies, process & controls, governance, linking pin to Data/Business Owner.
Making an impact
As a data steward within FRD you will be responsible various of the below deliverables depending on your focus area within FRD:
• Ensure Data Delivery Agreements (DDAs) are agreed and managed with our data providers
• Monitor and report the results of data quality validations and identify underlying data issues
• Coordinate that data issues are resolved by owners within the required timelines.
• Create and maintain consistent reference data and master data definitions.
• Create and maintain all Business glossaries
• Maintain logical data models in DWH's
Systems / Projects
• Identify & monitor golden sources across DWHs are implemented by IT
• Safeguard and maintain our systems to support the banks processes and our daily run
• Participate in cross-functional teams within Data & outside department
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. FRD is a department of approximately 120 talented people from various parts of the world that manage and develop the financial data platform of Rabobank. You will tackle various data related challenges. On top of that you will work on global and cross functional change projects to improve our processes and systems.
Collaborating, agility, judgement and decision making, creativity, storytelling and networking are important skills that you should possess irrespective of seniority level and role.
In addition, it's important that you recognise the things in the checklist below:
• Relevant experience within the financial industries sector, gained preferably in risk management, finance and / or IT;
• Sound banking knowledge and knowledge of banking products and processes;
• Sound knowledge of finance and risk management;
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
• Capable to translate business requirements to impact on processes and systems
• Knowledge of databases, data warehouses and SQL
• Knowledge of data management concepts such as lineage, data quality monitoring and issue management
• Familiar with Agile/Lean/Scrum way of working
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
• Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
• By signing a memorandum of understanding with livestock feed producer Royal De Heus Rabobank underlines its support for the companys work in India, empowering local farmers with knowledge.