Wolters Kluwer Technology B.V. - Product Designer - Design Systems (Freelance/ZZP)
Wolters Kluwer is looking for a product designer to join our global user-experience and engagements (UXE) team in the Digital Experience Group (DXG). You will be responsible for creating foundational patterns, UI components, tools, and documentation for the Wolters Kluwer Product Design System. You will collaborate with designers and engineers across all our product surfaces.
You are a strong systems thinker and UI designer with hands-on experience contributing to design systems libraries for enterprise products. You know a design system is more than documentation, it’s the way we work together. You naturally cross borders and break down silos between disciplines, empowering designers, and engineers to work quickly with high standards for quality and consistency.
- Contribute to the award-winning Wolters Kluwer Product Design System (PDS): Write guidelines, evolve UI components and patterns, and maintain design libraries to strengthen the design standard for the company’s portfolio containing more than 400 products.
- Provide design feedback to our development team and give guidance to people and teams across the organization implementing the design system.
- Create high fidelity artifacts for the PDS, which will be used by many people across the company working in product development.
- A bachelor's or master’s degree from a college or university (or equivalent) in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, Communication & Multimedia Design/Media Technology, Information Architecture or related.
- You have two or more years of experience working as a product designer or similar role working directly with design systems, including component and pattern design, documentation, and training.
- Master skill level of design software such as Figma, Sketch, Abstract and Adobe Creative Suite and a deep understanding of typography, color, layout, and motion design principles.
- Experience working on native mobile applications (iOS, Android) would be a big plus.
- You have experience working in distributed, collaborative teams and working directly with development teams for the implementation of designs and designers for championing design standards and patterns.
- You ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas and be relentless in your pursuit of excellence and have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Your portfolio should demonstrate a track record of developing simple and elegant user interfaces for complex online applications – it is essential to be able to present large amounts of complex information in a simple way.
- You should be prepared to speak about the processes used to develop your solutions and the specific role that you played in these processes.