Wolters Kluwer - Azure Infrastructure & Platform Engineer (Freelance/ZZP)
We are looking for a person to help modernize and improve our Azure infrastructure, which is based on partly Azure PaaS and some Azure IaaS. Projects include:
- Replace existing virtual appliances with Azure PaaS services;
- Improve operational capabilities by enabling useful logs & metrics, and exposing information from this data through dashboards, prepared queries, and alerts;
- Lock down egress network traffic;
- Simplify network topology;
- Migrate workloads from VMs to services running on Azure Kubernetes Service;
- Modernize and refactor existing Infrastructure as Code;
- Security related improvements;
Our Azure infrastructure was built to mimic our previous datacenter infrastructure to do a lift-and-shift type migration. Our focus is now on driving change towards a more cloud-native mode of operation.
We have several non-production environments, and our Azure infrastructure is generally managed through ARM templates (Infrastructure as Code) running from Azure DevOps pipelines.
Candidates will need good knowledge of Azure and hands-on experience in Azure, in particular a candidate will need to know about:
- Azure IaaS VMs
- Azure networking (VNETs, VNET Peerings, NSGs, Route tables)
- Azure Storage accounts
- Azure log analytics
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Firewall (or similar product)
Experience with the following services would be helpful:
- Azure Kubernetes Service / Kubernetes / Istio
- Azure Sentinel
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Security Center
- Azure SQL / Microsoft SQL Server
- Azure Active Directory Domain Services
- Azure Automation Accounts, in particular DSCs
- Azure VM change tracking
Some familiarity and capabilities on both Windows and Linux servers will be needed.
Activities will include implementing and testing own implementation of infrastructure changes by creating ARM templates and scripts, doing manual and automated testing, writing documentation about changes, refining requirements with stakeholders. Designs will be done in conjunction with Architects team, who will also support development with direct contributions.
The following certifications would help us determine certain knowledge of respective technologies:
- Relevant Microsoft certification for Azure roles, in particular: Azure Solution Architect, Azure Security Engineer, Azure DevOps Engineer, Azure Developer, or Azure Administrator
- Kubernetes certification