Senior Privacy Officer (Freelance/ZZP)
- English and Dutch both needed.
- Startdate: ASAP
- Homeoffice + 1x per week in the office
- 3 month duration with the possibility to extend
Would you like to contribute to data protection worldwide? You will collaborate and align with the privacy coordinators and experts around the globe!
You and your job
As a Senior Privacy Officer you contribute by supporting the team of the Global Privacy Office of the bank in exercising her regulatory oversight tasks, and in informing, advising and issuing privacy (incl. record keeping) recommendations to the organization. Using your expertise, knowledge and skills, you make sure that processes, retains and disposes records in line with internal and external guidelines, protects personal data and acts within the legal and ethical boundaries. You can make a difference by making sure we as a bank ‘do the right thing’.
As a Senior Privacy Officer you make a contribution by designing and updating the Privacy Risk and Control Framework, collecting and monitoring data and reporting to the highest management level. Whitin GPO you will specifically find all these activities in the supervising role. Using your risk management expertise combined with your privacy expertise and networking skills, you are able to assist the DPO in her data driven oversight role in which you stand up for the interests of our 9,5 million customers and over 40,000 colleagues worldwide. You can make a difference by making sure we as a bank ‘do the right thing’.
Work and pleasure
‘Helma Smit-Muller (Change Coordinator): Working at GPO for me is: “Never a dull moment while contributing to the protection of clients and employees privacy and always having the support of our team.”
Together we achieve more together than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Global Privacy Office.
‘Patrick van der Made (Senior Privacy Officer): Data protection is a foundation for our processes and services. GPO is at the very heart of this, in 2 main roles: supervising and advising. GPO is a small but very strong team, collaborating closely with 1LoR and compliance, and together acting as gatekeepers of privacy and trust of our clients and employees and the protection their personal data.’
Your future colleagues are looking forward to working with you. They will be glad of your help to bring the Global Privacy Office to the next level. The Global Privacy Officer contributes to the sustainable management of compliance risks by providing advice and information independently. You will also advice on tools and aids for the implementation of data protection.
Working together is the way we work; as 1 open and welcoming team. Talking of us: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- HBO with 5-10 years of experience or WO with 5-8 years of experience in (operational) risk management, preferably within an international financial institution;
- It is recommendable if you have one of the following certifications: CIPP/E, CIPT, CIPM, certification, the post executive specialization course on Privacy and Data Protection Legislation at Tilburg university, Maastricht university or a similar training;
- Capable to function in a large, complex, international organization with a diverse stakeholders framework with different interests;
- Program management skills
- Experience with Risk Control Frameworks e.g. RCF Archer.
- Audit/compliance experience including certification is a pré;
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing and more than basic knowledge of the Dutch language
- Complex problem solving