Randstad - Data Analyst @ Global Procurement
- Startdate: ASAP
- Hours per week: 40
You will be part of the global procurement team of Randstad, spearheading the procurement transformation journey we have embarked on. As part of the Procurement Operational Excellence team, you will be responsible for all procurement data; a spend analytics tool (GEP smart module for spend analytics, supplied by https://www.gep.com/) has been recently implemented across 20 countries and business units and we need someone to orchestrate its usage, drive data hygiene and manage all users requirements to build dashboards, analysis and insights as well as manage the data update drumbeat. You will be in touch with various countries and functions, mainly finance, IT and procurement as well as with the spend analytic tool provider.
You facilitate the procurement data insights journey and own the drumbeat of the global data update and its usage including supporting the tool training (in collaboration with the tool provider).
Your key customers will be the CPO (Chief Procurement Officer), the central procurement teams and all countries procurement teams. You ensure that we as a global organisation, optimise the spend insights and data hygiene. The role is new and focuses on data excellence.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for
- managing the data hygiene (contribute to setting up and evolution of golden rules in collaboration with local countries)
- manage the global spend analytics tool and dashboards for all countries,
- provide relevant insights for global procurement category leads and countries on an ad-hoc basis
- design bespoke executive dashboards
Your typical day includes
- As procurement analyst, you will be managing the data the procurement team in all the aspects of the functions, some of your responsibilities will be (a.o.):
- working cross-functionally and across geographies
- stakeholder management, with exposure to C-level executives
- financial and root cause analysis analysis
- process mapping
Your working environment
As part of the global procurement team, you will be positioned at the Global office in Diemen. However, depending on the Covid-19 developments it can be required to work several days a week from home. The global procurement team consists of 14 people with different backgrounds, all sharing the same drive for business support and success.
Your qualification & personality
- We are looking for a dedicated and outgoing person, with a master’s degree, preferably in Procurement, Finance or Business Administration with 5 years experience.
- You are fluent in English, an extra EU language is a plus.
Also the ideal candidate has:
- an understanding of finance and accounting principles strong analytical & data visualization skills
- spend cube analytics knowledge (the spend cube is a review of spend data presented as a multidimensional cube. The dimensions usually reviewed include: sub-categories or variants purchased across the organization, stakeholders or departments buying the category and comparative spend with different suppliers)
- can-do attitude, willing to use data to create transparency and contribute to solving complex business problems
- an excellent grasp the English language and good communication skills
- advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills, intermediary PowerPoint/Google Slides skills
- project management skills are nice to have but not mandatory
- a self-starter who shows initiative
- proactive, curious and results-oriented
- well structured and logical thinker
- eager to learn, contribute and able to take ownership of tasks and deliver end to end
- interested in pursuing a career in Procurement/ Finance
- ideally used any spend analytics cube tools
Within Randstad we defined the following Human Forward Leadership competencies:
- delighting people: connect people (client, talent, employee, society), building strong client relationships and delivering client-centric solutions.
- performing today: resourcefulness securing and developing resources effectively and efficiently.
- leading change: manages ambiguity operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- securing the future: drives vision and purpose painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others into action.