Randstad - Backend Developer AWS Serverless (Freelance/ZZP)
What will be the assignment
Build a global middle layer that will act as an abstraction layer for different backend systems in local operating companies and will provide connectivity/data exchange between these systems and external SaaS solutions, including a chatbot.
This is a hybrid team, that works for multiple projects, of about 5 developers. Projects that the team works on are:
- workforce management
- global mobile app infra
- enterprise client projects
The team will cooperate with external vendors as well as Randstad colleagues all over the world.
Work remotely from home currently. When it is allowed, work in the office approximately 2 days a week.
Why Digital Factory?
If you want to have an impact as a Back End Developer, this is the place! Because as an IT professional at the world's largest company in flexible work, you will help keep society moving. We support the HR services of Randstad worldwide with high tech apps and software, which we continuously improve. That is why our innovations replace each other at high speed. We believe in the power of technology, but, combined with personal attention. That also applies to our own employees: we have an eye for your progressive ideas, but especially for you. Your working pleasure is key.
Within the IT organisation we build close teams, in which you will have a lot of freedom to realize your ideas and you will be able to develop yourself.
What do we have to offer?
Friendly and inspiring colleagues who love to help you by sharing their knowledge and experience. You will find yourself in a challenging working environment, a new, very valuable network within the largest HR service provider in the world!
In addition, you will need at least…
- Experience in designing and developing RESTful APIs (knock out)
- Experience with analyzing business processes and developing, deploying, debugging, monitoring AWS cloud solutions using AWS serverless architecture. (knock out)
- Good experience in implementing API based Integration layer [deliver open APIs for different systems to consume] (knock out)
- Experience using the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and CDKs to write applications (knock out)
- Experience with designing and deploying applications using API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, SNS, SES, DynamoDB, S3, Cognito (knock out)
- Extensive scripting experience using Typescript, popular libraries, and different frameworks] (knock out)
- An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation
- Experience with setting up CI/CD using aws services like AWS code commit, AWS code build
You preferably also have experience with…
- Willingness to learn new technologies and openness to work on Randstad tools/guidelines
- Communicating with all layers of the Randstad business, from product managers to enterprise architects, to non-technical resources that 'think and talk business'
- Experience and knowledge of AWS’s standard methodologies and frameworks for build and migrate
- Writing functional and technical Documentation
- Performing unit tests on all built services;
- Conducting reviews to make sure work is rigorously well designed;
- Building Cloud Service solutions within various environments against agreed principles and standards; and
- Self-starting and self-organizing and a diverse & all-inclusive engineering culture;
- Fluent in DevOps and AWS CI/CD tools;
The skills and competencies you need are...
- Implementing solutions from user stories working as an agile product development team
- fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- proactive attitude
- selfstarter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
Besides a match on knowledge, experience, skills and competencies, a match on personality and culture is just as important! After all, you should feel comfortable at work. If you recognize yourself in the profiel below, we are looking for you!
The person we are looking for...
A no-nonsense, hands-on person with an enormous drive to develop practical solutions which meet the needs of our different target groups. You are reliable and discrete. Sharing your ideas with others energizes you and you also value the ideas of others. In addition, you are enthusiastic and opportunity-minded. Furthermore it is important to you that your work adds value and you want to actively contribute to the company goals.