Product Owner (Freelance/ZZP)
Finance & Risk Data (FRD) is an integral part of the CFO domain and is a key player that connects various stakeholders within Finance, Risk and IT in both the Netherlands and abroad. Within this area the Data Delivery Credit Unit is responsible for the data delivery to credit related reporting functions (e.g. COREP, AnaCredit, IFRS9, SHS, stress testing, etc.).
Making a difference
The mission of FRD is to enable us to achieve its goals by providing trusted finance & risk data. We are therefore closely involved in the daily operations to ensure that the banks processes operate as intended and are both leading and participating in various major change programmes. These change programmes are all focussed on improving the banks IT landscape and related processes and are driven from business, efficiency and regulatory perspective.
FRD is continuously recruiting for Product Owners on different seniority levels (junior, medior, senior) for which you can be a strong candidate.
The Product Owner is the linking pin between stakeholders within Finance & Risk, business and support domains and one or more agile IT teams.
The Product Owner is responsible for managing run and change aspects related to one of more systems that are used to support the collection, storage and processing of risk & finance data by working together with the IT teams and the data stewards assigned to the systems.
Tasks of the Product Owner include collection, analysis and elaboration of functional requirements in close cooperation with stakeholders, prioritization of the product backlog and coordination of user testing.
The Product Owner is a key point of contact for the Finance and Risk departments and other relevant stakeholders for system-related issues or requests.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. FRD is a department of approximately 120 talented people from various parts of the world that manage and develop the financial data platform of Rabobank. You will tackle various data related challenges. On top of that you will work on global and cross functional change projects to improve our processes and systems.
Edmond, Product Manager in Data Delivery Credit:
Working as a Finance and Risk Data product owner for our teams in the credit data warehousing domain means working with credit risk data in an international environment during a large strategic transition. This involves the implementation of regulatory requirements, adherence to compliance and data management standards while conducting migration and decommissioning activities. Sourcing, storing and distributing data from a data warehouse entails a central location in the data logistics chain, managing and aligning many different stakeholders, both business and IT, from different parts of the line and project organisation.
Collaborating, agility, judgement, decision-making, creativity, storytelling and networking are important skills that you should possess irrespective of seniority level and role.
In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
• higher education level
• minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in the banking or data domain
• strong banking knowledge and knowledge of banking products and processes
• strong knowledge of finance and financial risk management (CFA and/or FRM certifications are a plus)
• familiarity with regulatory reporting and credit risk model requirements
• knowledge of data modelling methodologies and techniques for data warehouses and data marts
• knowledge of data management concepts such as lineage, data quality monitoring and issue management
• capable to translate business requirements to impact on processes and systems
• end-to-end understanding of data logistics up- and downstream from data source to data consumer
• familiar with agile/lean/scrum way of working
• striking a balance between principles and pragmatism
• strong analytical and conceptual skills
• strong at stakeholder management
• political sensitivity