Product Controller FX, Rates & XVA (Freelance/ZZP)
Imagine that you and your colleagues take part in an important contribution to the financial performance statements of the bank. With the help of your efforts, our financial products will be correctly valued and managed on a daily basis. This will expose you to a range of banking processes and financial products in the areas of valuation, settlements, and accounting. As a part of Product Control, we will teach you about all the facets of Wholesale banking!
Making a difference
As Product Controller you are responsible for the daily profit and loss reporting and the explanation of multiple Markets and Treasury portfolios within the FX, Rates & XVA product area.
You will gain experience in areas such as income analysis, as well as being given the responsibilities for financial accounting and various other control activities.
In addition, you will get to use the knowledge gained to participate in the development and implementation of new products, processes and (regulatory) standards with respect to trade capture, valuation, settlements and controls.
As we expand our global support model this position may involve evening shifts.
We offer the opportunity to partner and liaise with almost every department within the bank, such as Markets, Risk Management, Operations, Treasury, Finance Data & Reporting, and IT.
We strongly believe that working in multidisciplinary teams will lead to the best results. Product Control encompasses a dynamic environment where you are encouraged and supported in learning and growing every day. Change is the only constant factor and the LEAN way of working proves to be very motivational in our constantly moving and improving environment.
With each other Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Product Control team brings talented people together to deliver reliable financial and management information to the global Wholesale & Rural business lines in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Reliable financial information is supported by the independent daily valuation of financial instruments in the bank’s trading and banking portfolios and a comprehensive analysis/evidence of the performed controls.
- As Product Controller, your team will consist of a group of diverse colleagues in a variety of roles. Young talents are offered opportunities to grow toward senior positions within the department or elsewhere within the bank. The hands-on mentality and cooperative mind-set of Product Control allows for an open environment where development is stimulated and knowledge is shared. Product Control acts as a Centre of Competence and supports various locations around the world such as Utrecht, London, New York, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong and Sydney.
- As part of the alignment of our strategy and the centralisation of these locations, this position allows exposure to different markets and optimizes the departments support model. With you We look for talented individuals that have an affinity for pro-activeness, judgement and decision making, analytical skills, result-oriented work and customer focus.
- This role as a Product Controller will use these skills and allow you to develop them further.
In addition, the below points are important for the role:
- You have completed a Master in Business Economics, Finance or Accountancy. Work experience in the financial sector is a plus
- You have a good understanding of financial products and financial accounting of a Wholesale bank;
- You are accurate, result-oriented, proactive, independent and a team player with strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- You are able to cope with time pressure and deadlines, but do not lose your sense of humour in the process;
- You have good communication skills in English, spoken and written