Lead Compliance Model Validator Name Screening (Freelance/ZZP)
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: min. 6 months
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Dutch is a plus but not required
Imagine improving the Name Screening and Transaction Filtering models the bank uses to protect society from breaches of sanctions. Together with several validators, you provide an independent opinion with actionable insights on the quality of these models.
You and your job
As a Lead Compliance Model Validator, you keep oversight on the Name Screening and Transaction Filtering models that the bank uses to protect itself and society against money laundering and terrorism financing. You will be responsible for leading and performing independent model validations on the Name Screening & Transaction Filtering models that the bank Group uses to fulfil its role as a gatekeeper to the financial system.
Fine working relationship
• in the team Compliance Model Validation
• together with 19 direct colleagues
• 36 hours per week
• 43,822 colleagues around the world
Work and pleasure
The things I like the most about my job are the people, the inclusive and supportive corporate culture and the opportunity to grow professionally while protecting the bank from Money Laundering & Terrorism Financing, Seher Fazliolu.
Your main responsibilities
Lead several 2 Compliance Model Validators in scoping, planning, and executing the model validations & reviews on the Name Screening and Transaction Filtering models for our Retail Netherlands and Wholesale & Rural practices and their subsidiaries. This involves cooperating with fellow team members, leading a group of consultants and liaising with stakeholders across all lines of responsibility. Next to you, another Lead Compliance Model Validator will focus on models in the same domain, both of you will have a clearly delineated scope.
Secure the timely delivery and overall quality of the deliverables. You do this while promoting teamwork based on building on each others strengths and supporting opportunities to grow.
Provide advice at your discretion to developers and the business when it comes to the models in your area of expertise. You keep up-to-date on current developments in the field and incorporate this in our way-of-working.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our Compliance Model Validation Team. Together, we challenge the fit-for-purpose of the models that are developed and used by the first line of responsibility. Through our model validations and reviews, we contribute to a transparent risk profile that gives senior management the opportunity to effectively manage compliance risks with a forward-looking mind-set.
Working in this diverse, smart and ambitious team with a common mission to help protect the bank, the financial system and, by extension, society at large against financial crime gives me tremendous energy.
Willem van Willigen.
Your future colleagues are looking forward to working with you. They will be glad of your help to challenge and advise our first line colleagues on their models. Working together is the way we work; as 1 caring team. Talking of us: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands, we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
• You hold an academic Masters degree in any field.
• You have taken post-graduate education, for instance as a Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Accountant (RA), or a Certified Compliance Professional.
• You have at least 7 years of experience, of which at least 2 in roles that systematically challenge the first line of responsibility such as model validation, compliance monitoring, or audit.
• You have in-depth knowledge of Financial Economic Crime and want to get better every day. Experience with quantitative analysis in this domain is a plus. Prior experience in the development or validation of Name Screening & Transaction Filtering models is even more beneficial.
• With your experience, you are able to give less experienced colleagues discipline-specific guidance, encouraging them to grow.
• You clearly demonstrate and take ownership and are adaptive to changing situations, as shown through prior experience in running projects
• You can build relationships with a variety of stakeholders. Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. Fluency is Dutch is a plus but not required.