KPN -Software Engineer (Freelance/ZZP)
- Start: 1.9
- Location: Amersfort
- Fulltime: 40 hours a week
- Rate: 85
Your job as a backend Java developer
KPN has the ambition to build the best Telecommunication network in the Netherlands with top notch technology like 5G and Fiberglas for all our customers (business and consumers). To be able to do this we need a good engineering community (both internal and externally) that is also equipped with digital technology to service our customers with state of the art apps that give them the ability to realize and maintain our network and processes with zero touch automation.
Within the current team(s) we are looking for reinforcement to take the digitalization of the way our engineers work to a higher level. The focus is currently on three key topics, migration from on-premises to AWS/Kubernetes, new business features and modernization of the applications.
You are part of a DevOps team that works according to the Scrum methodology and participates as product developer. It is your responsibility to take the apps to the next level and innovate cutting edge new functionalities! Several DevOps teams within and outside KPN Technium work closely together to achieve this goal.
For feature teams working on fiber rollout we are looking for a passionate backend developer that will help us make this vision possible.
We are looking for is a person who is flexible, eager and loves a challenge to dive in the world of complexity and working on the top 1 priority of the KPN strategy. As a team member, you will be responsible with your DevOps team for designing and implementing product requirements. You will work closely with the product owner, other teams and business stakeholders.
The team you will be working in, is part of a larger tribe where multiple teams build and maintain the KPN Network supporting systems within a mainly Java oriented platform. This is what you will be doing:
- Develop and maintain new and existing functionalities (micro services) for engineers.
- Work with team members on complex and innovative features
- Play an active role in refining the feature to be released by the team
- Ensure the quality of the developments by means of unit test and contribute to integration, automated testing etc.
- Helps to develop and build the vision of KPN Network NL
- Be part of a larger tribe family and learn from many experts.
- As we are a DevOPS team you are also expected to participate in Stand By duty for handling incidents.
· The team spends on average 60% of its time on backend development, 30% on cloud infrastructure and 10% on front end work. Individual members work on the topics that suit them best.
Have knowledge of most of the mentioned qualifications and the absolute willingness, motivation for applications and used technology:
- Java 17 expert
- Minimal 5 year experience as Java developer in an environment with critical applications requiring 99,9% uptime
- Minimal 5 year experience with the Spring Framework for Java and have worked with versions 4 and 5, Spring Boot 1 and 2.
Good understanding of
- Cloud technology
- Database technology, SQL
- Knowledge of SOAP, REST and Kafka streams
- Frontend knowledge of either AngularJS, Wicket or Flutter is a pre
- AWS associate level Certification is a pre
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies
- Must be a team player.
- Java is the way to develop.
- Understands the SCRUM Values.
- Pro-active and ‘can do’ mentality. Helps the team to further develop and improve, e.g. for DEVOPS processes
- Great verbal and written communication skills (English (must) and Dutch pré ).
- Pragmatic but does not lose sight of long term goals
- Great analytical skills.
Who are we?
KPN TDO is the department where all our IT development and operations takes place. The ambition of TDO is to make KPN a highly simplified company which is ready to offer customers real effective IT solutions. We do this by innovating from a customer perspective, keeping things very simple and delivering them incremental (via Agile / SCRUM). We put a lot of energy into learning and sharing knowledge so that you are always up to date with the latest developments and able to apply them for our users.