KPN - Software Developer/Engineer (Snow Red Core Team)
We are a young, multinational team, with a dynamic atmosphere because of close contact with end users and sometimes business market clients. Our culture is friendly and open minded, motivated and driven. Our main language within the teams is English
We are building the new target architecture which will be in charge of ordering, delivering and configuring the KPN Business Market target portfolio of Smart Combinations.
The organizational unit within KPN?
Within KPN TDO, Technology & Digital Office, in the B2B IT Solutions section. We are KPN's IT department for the business market and we work with self-organizing agile teams that test, manage, develop and maintain software for our customers and stakeholders.
We have teams in Zoetermeer, Houten, Ede and Groningen, at the moment we are looking for someone in Zoetermeer.
Your role as Software engineer/developer:
Within the team, we are responsible for the order and delivery flows build on our own automation. As a software developer you will be responsible to code and develop on the ServiceNow platform as well as several other systems around ServiceNow to delivery fully functional end-2-end features focused on automated product delivery.
We have several goals described below:
- Complete the current portal aimed at internal KPN users to perform delivery of Smart Combination products in an efficient and quick manner. The current portal allows KPN engineers to:
- Trigger different automations
- Track and trace current state of jobs running to fulfil delivery of Smart Combination products
- Manage hardware administration in ServiceNow
- Lifecycle management of different product profiles
- Introduce new automation pipelines for Smart Combination products
- Refactor current automation pipelines of semi-finished products to make them resilient, scalable and reliable for the future
- Introduce internal APIs for our automation and template engine to make integrations with other systems possible and clean
- Refactor our automation internal engine to introduce stability and performance
We are looking for (expecting):
- For all these demands we require software development skills, people who are able to code well, understand multiple systems and can deal with complexities of enterprise software.
- Ability to get relevant information from stakeholders, and come up with a solution based on the requirements
- Knowledge and experience in large scale, enterprise software solutions
- Knowledge and experience with Agile, specifically Test Driven Development
- Knowledge and experience with building APIs
- Must be fluent in object oriented design and analysis
- Must be fluent in developing reliable, highly available and scalable software
- Must be fluent in software design patterns
- Must be fluent in database design and preferably SQL knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in data modelling
These are nice to have, if he/she doesn’t have them, it is a must that they are interested because they need to learn them very quickly to catch up with the rest of the team.
- Knowledge and experience working with Telcos
- Dutch language
Required knowledge and skills
- HBO working and thinking level (IT related)
- At least 3 years of experience working as a software engineer
- Communicative strength, solution-oriented thinking, sense of priority and value
- Practical experience with Agile / DevOps is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Test and test driven development
- Excellent English in word and writing
- Excellent cooperation qualities
- Continuous learning as it helps in the development of the team.
- You have an EU passport or a valid work permit for the Netherlands.
What do you get in return/ we offer you:
- An ambitious working environment with a focus to improve every day
- 37-40 hour working week, .
- Extensive possibilities to work independently via "The new way of working" time and place.
The 'new way of working'
Our way of working has changed since the pandemic. We always had the opportunity to work from home, but since last year we expect to continue to work from home a lot in the future. You can take advantage of this because distance no longer has to be an obstacle, our vision for the future is on average 2 days a week to the office for team sessions, for example. Of course you will be supported digitally by our team, which is now used to this new way of working.