KPN - Senior Big Data Engineer Automation (Freelance/ZZP)
Start date: 01-10-2022
Duration: 1 year
Max rate: 76€ per hour
About the department
We are looking for a senior Big Data engineer with specialization in Data analytics and Data Visualization to strengthen the Data&Quality Squad within CTN Fixed Access. Purpose of the position is to focus on data quality, data analytics, visualization and optimization for KPN’s Fixed Access network in a self-organizing team.
Within KPN TDO Networks CTN Fixed Access we develop and maintain the network that is used for the fixed connections of our customers. This is done using KPN TDO Networks CTN Fixed Access Agile work methods (e.g., Scrum), where the efficiency and effectivity of the team in producing value is continuously improved.
Within ACN CTN we aim to use so called T-shaped profiles. I.e., all employees have the same function (DevOps engineer) and every member of a team should in principle be able to do all the work.. However, we recognize that all team members have a specialization or specific knowledge in a certain area of the work. Most of the time they will be working on items that are within their area of expertise.
About the position
KPN is leading in the world’s Fixed Access landscape. New technology innovations are increasing customers’ expectations. As a Big Data Engineer you can keep up and initiate innovations and enable us to deliver our new services fast and to our customers using the best fit Development. You have a broad knowledge of Test and CI/CD technologies that will aid you in this task. In order to meet those goals, you will be part of a team that uses several systems and platforms like Tableau, Spark, HBase, Hive, Phoenix, Kafka, Jenkins, Docker and such, and you will be developing data analytics tools and dashboards using Scala, Python and other languages.
· Are you a result driven team player who does not hesitate to take the initiative?
· You’re not afraid to dive deeply into huge amounts of data?
· Do you have design experience and are you capable to strengthen the team in this as well?
· And do you want to contribute directly to the success of KPN TDO Networks CTN Fixed Access?
What are you going to do?
You will work as senior Big Data Engineer; you are a designer/developer, you know your way on Hadoop based big data solutions, you develop solutions for data analytics and data visualization for the fixed access network of KPN. The KPN fixed access network generates huge amounts of performance and traffic information which must be (pre)processed, visualized and turned into network information in a timely and comprehensive manner. This way this information can be used for network operations, optimization and capacity management. Therefore knowledge of data engineering, -analytics, -visualization and of (access) networks is key.
Here are some of your activities:
· Development of data ingestion and data (pre)processing batch jobs
· Development of streaming solutions for (near) real-time data processing
· Database, API and solution design
· Development of data visualization and dashboards
· Optimization of batch/streaming data processing jobs
· Operational tasks and maintenance on our own jobs and supporting other teams by providing the data to do so. Note that participating in the 24/7 support desk activities of Fixed Access may also be required.
· Maintaining our own CI/CD Pipeline
What do we require from you?
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Big Data Engineering or equivalent technical field.
• Solid understanding of Hadoop based Big Data platforms, including Spark and Kafka.
• At least 5 years’ experience working as a Big Data Engineer.
• Solid understanding of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum.
• A proactive mind set, natural curiosity for new technologies and new creative ideas.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English is a must, knowledge of Dutch language is a pre.
• Solid understanding of these basic DevOps practices (Design, Code, Build, Test, Package, Release, Configuring & Monitoring) according to CI/CD principles.
• Experience/knowledge on Access networks
1. To collaborate within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
2. Working both alone and with your team members to make sure your solution is developed, tested and deployed fast.
3. Working agile/scrum and familiar with the agile mindset.
4. Working in a complex innovative and dynamic environment.
5. Thinking always a step ahead, possibly also outside the box, you are never easily satisfied with the present state of conditions.
6. To take new challenges in a complex and fast changing environment
7. To learn and master new technologies / programming languages
8. To take risks and show a flexible attitude towards your team
You have solid understanding and experience of:
1. Development methodologies (Git, Jira, Agile, Scrum).
2. Hadoop based Big data platforms.
3. Test development and Test Automation.
4. Development (Spark/scala, Python etc.).
5. CI/CD and commonly used tools in the market: Bitbucket, GitLab, Jenkins, Ansible and SonarQube, Artifactory.
6. Containerization and container platforms: Docker, Microservices.
7. Pre: experience with Access networks
8. Pre: experience or knowledge of networking engineering (protocols, configuring routing/switching equipment, managing of complex networks, scripting).