KPN - Frontend Developer with Backend ambitions (Freelance/ZZP)
- Start date: ASAP
- Max 90€ per hour
- Looking for a full stack developer or a front-end developer with affinity in back-end (Python/Django)
- Must have: Angular 6+
- Long-term assignment
- Only English speaking is fine
KPN has the ambition to make MijnKPN Zakelijk the best-in-class service environment for our customers.
We want to increase the usage of MijnKPN Zakelijk by being relevant for the customer at any moment in the customer lifecycle.
Still a lot can be done to improve MijnKPN Zakelijk. Data is spread over many functional areas and systems and they all need to communicate with our platform. In addition, there are many new possibilities through Artificial Intelligence and Big Data that we have not yet introduced in the MijnKPN Zakelijk environment.
It is up to you to contribute to the future of MijnKPN Zakelijk and introduce creative new functionalities for a seamless customer journey! Several development (scrum)teams within and outside our department work closely together to achieve this goal. For one of the MijnKPN Zakelijk teams we are looking for a passionate front end developer with some back end knowledge and/or the ambition to become a full stack developer, who makes this vision possible.
We use many different platforms for MijnKPN Zakelijk: Our own ‘Grip’ platform for Identity management. Our own microservices are on the ‘Digital Engine’ and on the AWS platform. The Salesforce / Vlocity platform is the heart of the 1 Eco program and an important back-end for all customer and order data. A lot of information is stored here and many new possibilities are available, but there are many more back-ends that we use. This is what you will be doing:
• Creating smooth customer journeys and develop and maintain the necessary new and existing functionalities (micro services) for these customer journeys in close corporation with the other MijnKPN Zakelijk teams
• Work with team members on complex and innovative features
• Play an active role in determining the MVP for each feature to be released by the team
• Ensure the quality of the developments by means of code conventions, unit test and contribute to integration, automated testing etc.
• Help to develop and build the vision of MijnKPN Zakelijk
• Help with improving the way of working of the teams
• Front end knowledge of Angular 6+, we also use micro front-ends
• Some Back End knowledge of preferably Python 3 with Django 2+
• API’s JSON / SOAP / REST
• Knowledge of CI/CD
Knowledge of AWS / Java / NodeJS would be considered as a bonus.
These are the tools we currently use in our development pipeline, experience and knowledge of these tools or similar tools would be valued:
Docker / Kubernetes / Rancher / Jenkins / Git flow / Test automation Cypress and Applitools / JIRA / Confluence / Splunk, Grafana, Sentry and Elastic search for Monitoring
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies
Of course when working in a team we are looking for a team player.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or similar with more than 3 years of experience
• Embodies the Scrum Values.
• Pro-active and ‘can do’ mentality. Helps the team to further develop and improve, e.g. for DEVOPS processes
• The teams use English as main language so sufficient verbal and written communication skills are required. Dutch would be nice to have.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Great sense of humour
• End to End state of mind
• Willing to learn from and able to teach other team members
• Open for change
• Critical and can take criticism to help improve the team
What do we offer?
• Excellent develop and training opportunities within the team and organisation (Future Fit Friday). It is most important to us that we offer you the possibility to continuously develop yourself
• Working in a young, dynamic and ambitious scrum team where autonomy, mastery and purpose are important values
• Now we can get back to the office again, the chance to improve on your play table tennis / video games skills
Who are we?
KPN B2B Solutions is the department where all our IT development for Business Market takes place. The ambition of B2B Solutions is to make KPN a highly simplified company which is ready to offer business customers real effective IT solutions. We do this by innovating from a customer perspective, keeping things very simple and delivering them incremental (via Agile / Scrum). We put a lot of energy into learning and sharing knowledge so that you are always up to date with the latest developments and able to apply them for our users