KPN- DevOps Engineer / Network/Design Engineer (Freelance/ZZP)
Are you interested in getting our customers the best network connections? Do you want to work on both network and IT? And do you want to work in an multicultural, multidisciplinary team? Then we may have an interesting opportunity for you in the Fixed Access department of Core and Transport Networks.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to strengthen the Automation team within CTN Fixed Access. Purpose of the position is to give shape to the automation of processes on the basis of (near real-time) network data. This is done using the UDEX automation flows. Also the further development of the Robot framework to support release and configuration management is part of the work.
Using this you will support the simplification of the Copper/P2P network operational tasks. This is done using KPN TDO Network CTN Fixed Access Agile work methods (e.g., Scrum), where the efficiency and effectivity of the team in producing value is continuously improved.
Within Network CTN we aim to use so called T-shaped profiles. I.e., all employees have the same function (DevOps engineer), and all work could in principle be done by everyone in the team. However, all employees have a specialization or specific knowledge in a certain area of the work. Most of the time employees will be working on items that are within their area of specialization.
About the position
KPN is leading in the world’s Fixed Access landscape. New technology innovations are increasing customers’ expectations. As a (DevOps) Software Engineer you can deliver our new services fast and deliver them to our customers using the best fit Development, Test and CI/CD technologies that will aid you in this task. In order to meet those goals, you will be part of a team that works with Nokia NEMS as well as inhouse developed tooling. As a (DevOps) Network Engineer you will
- Translate customer needs and business needs into opportunities for automation.
- Design, develop and maintain (UDEX-based) automation flows
- Interact with other departments, shaping and implementing features that can give a higher quality to the customers
- Enabling other developers in the department setting up and maintaining the frameworks and environments needed to develop and operate our Inhouse IT.
- Enabling the automation of the internal processes of Fixed Access, including release and configuration management by contribution to the Robot framework.
Do you want to contribute directly to the success of KPN TDO Network CTN Fixed Access, are you a result driven team player who does not hesitate to take the initiative? Do you have design experience and are you capable to strengthen the team in this as well?
Then we are looking for you!
What are you going to do?
You will work as Network/Design Engineer; you are a designer and developer who develops solutions that provides functionalities to different (Access) network elements. The solution needs to be integrated with other back-end systems, so that complete E2E services can be deployed. Knowledge of network design methods is key. You will among others perform the following tasks:
- Development of solutions for automating procedures and tasks in the E2E provisioning chain
- Development of solutions for automating procedures and tasks in the E2E assurance chain
- Develop and operate the robot framework supporting release and configuration management,
- Development of solutions to automate workflows and boost pro-active maintenance for the Copper, Fiber P2P and Fiber PON network.
- Operational tasks in Fixed Access network
As part of this job you also will be required to be part of the on-call team.
What do we ask for?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent technical field.
- Relevant xperience working as an (DevOps) Engineer.
- Solid understanding of development methodologies like Agile/Scrum.
- A proactive mind set, natural curiosity for new technologies and new creative ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is a must, knowledge of Dutch language is a pre.
- Solid understanding of these basic DevOps practices (Design, Code, Build, Test, Package, Release, Configuring
- & Monitoring).
- Pre: experience with Nokia Network elements
- Pre: experience with PERL
- To collaborate within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
- Working both alone and with your teammates to make sure your solution is developed, tested and deployed fast!
- Working agile/scrum and familiar with the agile mindset.
- Working in a complex innovative and dynamic environment.
- Thinking always a step ahead, you are never easily satisfied with the present state of conditions.
- To take new challenges in a complex and fast changing environment
- To learn and master new technologies / programming languages
- To take risks and show a flexible attitude towards your team
You have solid understanding of:
- Development methodologies (Git, Jira, Agile, Scrum).
- Test development and Test Automation.
- Development (Python, PERL etc.).
- CI/CD and commonly used tools in the market: Bitbucket, GitLab, Jenkins, Ansible and SonarQube, Artifactory.
- Containerization and container platforms: Docker, Microservices.
- Pre: Network programming using model-based management (NETCONF/YANG) or CLI.
You have experience in:
- Automated Provisioning/Deployment tools – e.g., Ansible.
- Pre: experience with Azure DevOps (CI/CD).
- Pre: experience with Alcatel Lucent/Nokia environments
- Pre: experience or knowledge of networking engineering (protocols, configuring routing/switching equipment managing of complex networks, scripting).
What do we offer?
- Working for the most innovative department of KPN.
- Working in a dynamic and ambitious cluster with multiple scrum teams.