KPN - Backend Developer (Scala) (Freelance/ZZP)
Your job as a Backend Developer
Many KPN employees in all different types of processes rely on accurate and complete product data. The product master will be a new master data management implementation within KPN for both the consumer and business market. It supports the goals of KPN to become the best service provider, simplification in processes and IT, digitalization and most of all to become a data driven organization. The essence is to have a single master platform that embodies all the needed product data in relation to all the end-users within KPN who depend on this data.
As an Backend developer you will work with cutting edge (streaming) technologies and work within an agile scrum team. You will become responsible, together with the team, of creating the product master solution for all subscribers on this data and systems that will feed the product master.
As a Backend developer you are responsible for:
- Development of API¿s and Business logic between database & frontend application within the Product Master team on a high-quality level and productional availability
- Expand our existing Scala applications according to the needs of the business by, among others, adding new features.
- Help to make architecture and design decisions together with the team.
- Getting the team to a higher scrum/Agile level, improving yourself as well
- Creating functional documents to describe the API for both internal use as well as subscribing
What do we expect from you
- Minimum 2-5 years recent experience in web development such as Scala, Akka, Akka-Http
- Good to have experience in any of Scala-based functional framework, eg: ScalaZ, Cats etc
- Experience with microservices and distributed systems
- Knowledge of relational database (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Containerized applications i.e Docker
- Experience with Continuous delivery and deployment i.e Git, CI/CD, Jenkins etc.
- Experience with Database deployments
- Experience with Testing
- Good to have experience with performance tuning, query optimization, schema design, etc.
- Passion and ability to learn about new technologies.
- Good communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations: Amsterdam Sloterdijk / Online
Nice to have
- 5+ years development experience in Unix / Linux environments
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures is an advantage
- Knowledge of data modelling concepts
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Self-employed to finish work but a team player as well
- Working experience in an agile/scrum environment