KPN B.V. - Technical Tester (Freelance/ZZP)
We are looking for an experienced (technical) tester with experience in test automation and CI/CD and with a good understanding of Telecom networks and services.
The department in which he/she will be working is responsible for the Development and Operations of the IT of the KPN networks. As part of the ‘Inventory & Capacity Management’ squads he/she is responsible for the business critical application ZSmart. This application manages the capacity extensions in the network and registration of these network elements and services on behalf of the Service and Assurance organization. To support the business we strive to provide high availability and quality of our systems and data.
In this domain the rationalization of legacy inventory applications is one of the key challenges in the coming 2 years. In addition also the support of a number of strategic KPN projects - like the accelerated fiber rollout – requires regular changes in the ZSmart application.
As part of the Agile (Scrum) / DevOps way-of-working we aim to continuously improve as a team, which includes among others more (test)automation and setting up an automated CI/CD pipeline.
The tester will be part of a multidisciplinary team (designers, developers, testers, operations) guided by a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. The goal is to make the team members more T-shaped, meaning that in addition to their primary skills (e.g. testing) also other skills (e.g. design, development) can be developed.
The tester will have regular contact with business users within and outside KPN, for example for demo’s and user acceptance testing.
The teams are international teams with team members based in The Netherlands, India and China.
- Active participation in all scrum events (Daily, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Refinement)
- Test case preparation, test data preparation and execution (System Test, Integration Test, Chain Test, Performance Test)
- Logging and monitoring of defects/bugs
- Test automation
- Support in analysis and reproduction of Production incidents
- Data migration support
- Test automation (Robot Framework is currently used)
- In addition to functional application testing also experience with testing of interfaces and performance
- Development skills (thorough SQL knowledge)
- DBA knowledge and experience
- Experience with JIRA, MS Teams
- Understanding of security requirements
- Team worker
- Presentation skills
- Fluent English
Working from outside The Netherlands, within the EU/UK is an option.