KPN B.V. - Site Reliability Engineer (Freelance/ZZP)
You help expanding our team by creating monitoring/observability services and features for our DevOps teams, so they can excel in delivering products to our clients.
You think and act fast, but your actions are well considered. You like implementing the newest technologies in the Cloud (AWS) and on Kubernetes.
Competition is fierce and we must stay on top of our game. Therefore, we need less time to market, to reduce costs and to increase security and reliability.
Our office with a start-up vibe in Amsterdam or (partly)remote: it’s up to you and your team to decide.
Together with our equal and diverse family, working side by side with 700 people from all over the world in an Agile environment.
Your biggest impact
You strive to take our stack to the next level using relevant and innovative technology and you like helping other teams to start using your products to their full potential.
Your role as
- As SRE Engineer you are responsible for the design, development, configuration and maintenance of our monitoring platforms.
- Keep up to date with market trends, products, and features and be able to translate this into best practices and paved roads to help our DevOps teams excel
- Keep track of the availability, performance, and supportability of our Monitoring services
- Listen to the DevOps teams asking for new features and make proposals for implementation
- Support DevOps teams using these services by creating documentation, answering questions, giving demonstrations or presentations
What do you bring us …?
For this vacancy of Cloud Infra SRE Engineer we need someone with serious work ethics that not only strives for the best on the tech side, but you’re also a very good team player and a strong communicator. You like to educate other teams on how to use our products to their full potential. You build it! You own it! You promote it!
Let’s talk stack:
- administering high available monitoring services like:
- working with distributed tracing applications
- deploying applications to Kubernetes and AWS
- using CI/CD pipelines like Gitlab / Jenkins
- using Infrastructure as a Code like Terraform and Cloudformation
- passion for open-source technologies and tools
Who are we?
You will be working in the Techbase Organization, an international environment with multiple teams of highly skilled System Engineers, Application Engineers, and Platform Engineers.
We work Agile with focus on delivering product goals. We do this as a committed T-shaped DevOps team where cooperation is key. But also, self-organizing, constantly improving, enjoying work and have fun with colleagues.