KPN B.V. - Radius Senior DevOps Engineer (Freelance/ZZP)
Do you want to contribute directly to the success of KPN TDO CTN Network Arrange, are you a result driven team player who does not hesitate to take the initiative? And are you capable to enforce the team in this as well? Then we are looking for you!
Areas of Expertise
- Software Development & Integration
- Cloud, Infrastructure & Networking
- IT Security
- Service & Support
- DevOps Engineer
Skills & Knowledge
- Security & Compliance
- Service Operations
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication
- Team player
About the department
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to strengthen one of the fulfilment Squads within KPN TDO Network CTN Arrange. Purpose of the position is to give shape to the tooling for fulfilment of network connections for the KPN organization in a self-organizing team. This is done using Agile work methods (e.g. Scrum, Kanban etc.), where the efficiency of the team in producing value is continuously improving.
Within KPN TDO Network CTN Arrange we aim to use so called T-shaped profiles. I.e. all employees have the same function (DevOps Engineer), and all work could in principle be done by everyone in the team. However, all employees have a specialization or specific knowledge in a certain area of the work. Most of the time employees will be working on items that are within their area of specialization.
About the position
The team is part of the Fulfilment domain within KPN TDO Network CTN Arrange and responsible for the development and operations of network provisioning applications used for the Internet, iTV, Mobile and IoT services. For one of the fulfilment squads we are looking for a DevOps Engineer specialized in application development and integration.
What are you going to do?
You will work as a DevOps Engineer; you are a developer and integrator of network provisioning applications primarily used for authorization of the IP connections for KPN customers that require access to their requested services. The applications are based on the RADIUS and DHCP protocol and positioned in the network between the E2E fulfilment chain, the E2E assurance chain and the E2E client-server network chain (to customer premises) which makes integration very challenging.
What do we ask for?
- HBO or University working and thinking level.
- Proficient in Dutch & English (speaking, reading and writing) is a must
- A proactive mind set and natural curiosity for new technologies.
- Experience with software development and integration of large-scale applications based on continuous delivery.
- Experience with automation.
- Participation in a 7x24 on-call rotation schedule.
- To collaborate within a multidisciplinary team.
- Working both alone and with your teammates to make sure value is delivered fast!
- Working Agile/scrum with the Agile mindset.
- Working in a complex innovative and dynamic environment.
- To take new challenges in a complex and fast changing environment.
- To take risks and show a flexible attitude towards your team.
- To continuously improve.
You must have experience in:
- Perl or similar programming languages
- Virtualization/Containerization (Docker).
- CI/CD integration (e.g. Git, Ansible, Jenkins, Azure DevOps,).
- Service operations.
It is nice if you have experience in:
- RADIUS and DHCP protocol knowledge.
- Development methodologies (Jira, Agile, Scrum)
- Testcase development and Test Automation (JMeter)Development (Perl, Java, bash, Python or similar, REST/SOAP API integration, Spring Boot)
- Test automation
- Affinity with operational work (DevOps).
- Telecom and network knowledge.
- Monitoring and Dashboard tooling (e.g. Grafana, Elk stack).
What do we offer?
• Working for the most innovative department of KPN
• Working in a dynamic and ambitious cluster with multiple scrum teams