Junior IT Risk Manager (Freelance/ZZP)
that you play a key role in making a bank continuously improve its performance of IT by challenging, monitoring and evaluating our IT risks on an ongoing basis. As a bank we have to be permanently aware of the trust that is placed in us by our clients, employees, suppliers and society as a whole. That is why we have to be diligent with regard to protecting our core systems, communication channels and data. This bank increasingly accelerates in working with start-ups and adopting new technologies like block chain, data-analytics and cloud. This transformation comes with challenging topics related to Continuity and IT Risk. These risks are now more important than ever and we are responsible to be on top of developments in this domain in order to fulfil our role as a trusted bank within society. Imagine that you, can provide strong, fact-based advice, to facilitate this transformation, based on your thorough, in-depth knowledge and sound experience with IT risk.
Making a difference
- Challenge, monitor and evaluate our risks in our IT-landscape on an ongoing basis.
- Pro-actively advise your colleagues in the IT organization and departments about Continuity and IT related risks;
- Analyze operational incidents and perform risk analyses related to IT and Continuity;
- Work with other departments to establish a powerful risk-aware culture;
- Challenge your colleagues about security trends and developments;
- Report on IT risk themes for risk governing bodies, establishing an integrated risk view, together with other Compliance, Legal and Risk departments.
- Think out of the box aiming to leverage new technologies and ways of working
The Continuity & IT Risk department is responsible for managing risks (like IT-Risk, Outsourcing/Cloud, BCM and Security Risk) within the bank and specifically in the IT and operations departments. Collaboration is key, both with other departments, as with other colleagues from Compliance, Legal and Risk. Agile/scrum is our way of working, we continuously improve, learn and stimulate each other’s professional development. By combining our strengths across different departments, we bring the most added value for the bank. In addition, it's important that you recognize yourself in the following requirements:
- Academic grade in Information Technology or other relevant subject with additional courses related to IT risk management (CISSP, CISA or RE certification is preferred);
- Preferably experience with Security, Risk Management, Audit or Information Technology in a complex organization, preferably in the financial sector;
- Knowledge of specialized IT-risk related topics (including e.g. Business Continuity Management, Outsourcing, cloud, DevOps, emerging technologies, project management, data analytics)
- Preferably experience with the practical application of IT Risk Frameworks
- Proficient in the Dutch and English language, both verbally as in writing.
- Excellent team-player, easily interacting with colleagues from different , acting as a trusted partner for the 1st line, and being able to motivate colleagues making necessary steps in managing risks.
The following conditions will be of additionally value:
- Experience in Project Management and/or Consultancy;