Jacobs Douwe Egberts - DMOS Program Manager (Freelance/ZZP)
Within JDE, Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) is launched in over 20 plants and is driving standardized way of working and continuous improvement across various pillars (e.g. Safety, Autonomous Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, Material and Energy, Fundamentals), following Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) standards. It is driven by the Operational Excellence department.
The Digital MOS (DMOS) program is a strategic program that aims at digitizing MOS daily tasks in our factories, such as autonomous maintenance defect handling, safety rounds, root cause analysis and CIL (cleaning, inspection, lubrication). It consists of several projects running in parallel, including roll-out of the template in several plants, implementation of new modules / use cases and enhancement of current modules.
The projects are run in hybrid way, combining certain waterfall components in agile methodology.
The DMOS Program Manager oversees the planning, coordination, facilitation, communication, risk management, reporting and stability within the DMOS Program (Parallel Project Initiatives “Projects”) according to the DMOS Program Playbook and JDE & GIS (Global IT) governance and policies. Their main task is explained below:
- Works closely with the Global DMOS Process Owner, the Global Module Process Owner, the (local) Plant Leads (Global Business Process Owners), GIS resources, GIS Leadership and external vendors and acts as first POC for Program-level escalations
- Monitors the Delivery and Manages the Delivery Process and Approach for DMOS Project initiatives (projects) and coaches and guides (where applicable) the Global and Local Business Process Owners and GIS resources to ensure delivery is according to established framework
- Monitors pro-actively the program changes on scope, schedule, risk and budget and ensures those are clearly identified, communicated and managed
- Ensures control, transparency, visibility and communication of costs and financial reports for DMOS Program (financial control)
- Drives SteerCo preparation with the Global Business Process Owner and other stakeholders
- Assists with:
- Roadmap Development
- New Projects/Requirements Scoping
- CER and project portfolio processes
- Acts as IT Delivery Lead liaising across GIS functions, Operations and external parties on integrations, new developments, IT device and infrastructure; ensures IT delivery is according to applicable security, architecture and compliance processes and standards
- As the Program evolves, ensures there is a continuous stability and approach fit for program needs; continuously enhance Program Playbook and act as a DMOS Community Promoter
- Experience with (new) software systems’ delivery and adoption (agile as well as waterfall)
- Excellent ability to communicate on all levels of organization (lowest execution to Senior SteerCo level) and to approach structurally activities and teams in an often ambiguous environment without direct reporting lines to "project" team members
- Experience with budgeting and financials
- Experience in managing (multiple) vendors and contracting (both fixed and T&M, and waterfall and agile funding approach)
- Experience in driving multiple initiatives, geographies, domains, suppliers, organizational stakeholders in parallel
- Strongly preferred: Experience with IT projects in manufacturing / operations / operational excellence context
- Additional plus point: Experience with JDE and/or FMCG
- Additional plus point: Experience with change management in factory context
- 4-5 days a week
- Preferably partially on-site in Utrecht (especially during onboarding period). Residence in the NL is a plus.
- Rate: €800-1000/day (all inclusive)
- Start date: As soon as possible
- End date: 31.12.2022 with potential for prolongation