Freelance Software Development Engineer - Python
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That's the Power of PVH.
At PVH we are transforming the fashion industry by breaking conventions every single day. We are always exploring ways to bring the industry forward and constantly accelerating the pace in which we do business. We believe that to succeed as a fashion lifestyle company we need to offer much more than high quality trendy collections. Our goal is to become the ultimate Fashion Tech brand.
Our Technology team is the driving force in the organization for technology strategies & tools that enable the company's growth and create ever-increasing value for the end-user, be it the PVH organization, the employees, our customers or consumers.
As part of master data team for Ecom B2C you will be responsible for building and maintaining APIs that allow integrations between different systems with B2C & B2B Ecosystem, consisting of Ecommerce, B2C, B2B WebShop, Digital Showroom and many others. Quality, performance under load, observability and building portable and reusable solutions are key.
We are looking for a backend engineer with at least 2 years experience with Micro-services, Data structures and Cloud Integrations in Python to be able to:
- Improve and maintain current running services
- Ensure high reliability and quality of our data streams
- Setup data, application & infrastructure monitoring
- Implement CI/CD from Git repos
- Ensure new data integrations which meet architectural requirements
- Develop methods to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Assist various stakeholders with data orientated requests/questions
- Have a university degree/equivalent experience in Software Engineering or similar field
- Have a DevOps mentality and have experience with code reviews
- Can propose and implement technical solutions
- Have experience working in agile environment
- Good English communication skills (Business language at PVH)
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback.
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience with General Data Structures (SQL and Non-SQL)
- Experience developing systems/scripts using Python
- Experience with integration from/to REST API, S3 file storage, sftp, Kafka, various file formats
- Experience with AWS services like Lambda, CloudFormation, S3, Athena, Glue, IAM
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Dynatrace or Grafana
Nice to have:
- NodeJS Experience
- Jenkins Experience
- Terraform Experience
- Serverless functions
- Docker and Docker-compose experience
- Agile software preferably JIRA
- Experience with Informatica PIM
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.