Compliance Model Validator - Data Management (Freelance/ZZP)
- Startdate: ASAP
- 6 months duration (with the possibility to extend)
Are you a Data Management expert with an interest in the fast-paced world of KYC models? And can you apply your in-depth knowledge of industry best practices to the challenges of this domain?
You and your job
As a Compliance Model Validator Data Management you perform oversight on the models that the bank uses to protect itself and society against compliance risks such as money laundering, terrorism financing, and breaches of sanctions. As a gatekeeper to the financial system, the bank crucially relies on the quality of its models to prevent and detect compliance risks. You will help to independently assess such models and to challenge the decisions taken by their owners and developers.
Fine working relationship
- in the team Compliance Model Validation
- together with 12 direct colleagues
- 36 hours per week
An average working day
Are you curious about what would be on your to-do list on an average working day? For instance you pro-actively advise and challenge the business in their efforts to minimize the risk of errors relating to data in the design, implementation and use of models. This involves taking the lead on second-line analyses on topics such as data lineage and data quality, discussing these with your colleagues, and summarizing your conclusions in a formal opinion. You engage developers and managers in the business to challenge their approach and provide recommendations on resolving identified weaknesses.
Your future colleagues are looking forward to working with you. They will be glad of your help to challenge and advise our first-line colleagues on their models. Working together is the way we work; as 1 caring team. We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any academic field;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the financial sector through either external roles in Consultancy or Audit or internal roles such as IT Auditor, IT Risk manager or Operational Risk Manager. Professional certifications in any of these fields, such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Risk Manager (CRM) are a plus.
- You have in-depth knowledge of data management based on practical experience, relevant certifications such as those by the Data Management Association are a plus.
- You are self-starter that enjoys solving complex problems cooperatively.
- You can explain and defend your point of view in English, both verbally and in writing.