Compliance Model Validator (Freelance/ZZP)
You and your job
As a Compliance Model Validator you perform oversight on the models that Rabobank uses to protect itself and society against compliance risks such as market misconduct and fraud. Rabobank crucially relies on the quality of its models to prevent and detect such compliance risks. You will help to independently assess such models and to provide their developers with concrete advice on the steps needed to meet internal requirements.
Work and pleasure
Working in this diverse, smart and ambitious team with a common mission to help protect the bank, the financial system and, by extension, society at large against financial crime gives me tremendous energy.
Willem van Willigen.
Together with two fellow Compliance Model Validators, you will:
- Develop a methodology to perform a quick-scan of 5-10 Compliance models against internal model risk requirements;
- Executethese quick-scans, resulting in reports that outline the gaps you identified (where applicable), and concrete recommendations for their remediation addressed to the models developer;
- Ensure a strong transfer of knowledge on your activities to the broader Compliance Model Validation team.
You work as a member of the Compliance MV team and participate in our Agile rituals. While you are in the lead on your assignment, two colleagues will be able to support by reviewing and co-executing the quick-scans.
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Compliance Model Validation.
Your future colleagues are looking forward to working with you. They will be glad of your help to challenge and advise our colleagues on their models. Working together is the way we work; as 1 caring Rabobank team. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,500,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- You are self-starter that enjoys solving complex problems cooperatively.
- You can explain and defend your point of view in English, both verbally and in writing.
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in any academic field. A post-graduate degree on Compliance, Risk, or Audit (e.g. Chartered Accountant) is a plus.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Compliance Officer, (Internal) Auditor, or Consultant in the financial sector.
- Knowledge of Financial Economic Crime and experience with models in this domain, for instance in Fraud Monitoring or Market Abuse Monitoring, is a plus.